Wednesday, March 15, 2023

The Broadway Butterfly Murder, 100 Years Later and Still Unsolved

DOROTHY KING: The Dark Side of the Roaring Twenties

 


 

It's hard to believe that it's been 11 years since I wrote my detailed blog piece on the murder of Dorothy King, known forever after in the tabloids as the "Broadway Butterfly." And 100 years after the fact -- she was killed March 15, 1923 -- her case still remains unsolved. It doesn't get any colder than that. For those of you who may be interested in refreshing your memories about the tragedy and the scandal that ensued, or are just now discovering her, here is a link to the article I wrote back then. I have to admit that while I was researching the case, I grew fond of Dorothy King. I had a picture of her on my bulletin board over my desk for the longest time. Even now I feel that she was treated very poorly by the press, as well as by her associates and family. The truth of her murder deserves to be told some day. Hopefully the answers will finally come.


https://brookspeters.blogspot.com/2012/02/death-of-flapper-dot-king-scandal.html